What We Are
HR Playbook, headed by Valerie Edson, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, is an HR consulting firm that partners with business owners to deliver common sense solutions to meet long-term strategic and day-to-day human resource challenges. With over 30 years of experience in the field, Valerie works with leadership teams to develop and implement HR strategies and tools to meet current business needs and adapt to new demands. Her custom solutions are built around the simple question: "What do you want to accomplish?"
- Creating and maintaining Performance Management Plans
- Providing Start-Up Guidance
- Complying with Regulatory Requirements
- Maintaining Employee Relations Programs
- Developing materials and delivering Training and Facilitating Workshops
- Designing, implementing and maintaining Compensation and Benefits Plans
- Creating and maintaining Employee Handbooks
A graduate of Ohio University, Valerie has worked with a wide range of industries in a professional HR career spanning 30 years. She was a Visiting Lecturer at North Carolina State University and served on the faculty for the Insurance Executive Program at Appalachian State University. A member of the North Carolina SHRM HR Hall of Fame, Valerie has actively served the HR community on a local, state and national level. She is also a past board member and board president for Triad Health Project and currently serves on the Greensboro Sports Council board of directors.